October 3, 2007

It has been so long since I posted a blog... I guess that shows how busy things are around here! Lanie is doing great at home. She is such a good baby. I guess I can thank the NICU for getting her on a great schedule! Lindy still isn't home. We were going to bring her home after her eye exam on Monday but then she started having some feeding issues. They ended up examining her swallow and found that it is still really immature. They watched her as she drank a bottle and saw that the milk came super close to getting into her lungs. So...Dr. Whitton decided to put the feeding tube back in for a week and then do the swallow study again to see if she's more mature. If she is, they will reintroduce the bottle and we'll go from there. I really think it will be at least two more weeks until she's here. I was disappointed, but I know that she's getting the best care possible. I would be nervous about these issues at home anyway. So I guess it's best to keep her there until she's really ready to come home. She is weighing 5 pounds 4.9 ounces now!!! I just can not believe how much she's grown. It's hard to believe that she was only 1 pound 15 ounces when she was born. What a miracle!

Please continue to pray for us-life is really hectic with having a new baby at home and one across town! We are being pulled in so many directions. Kyle is getting up in the middle of the night and feeding Lanie so I can sleep and he's working all day. We try to give Molly as much time as we can in the evenings because we know what a big adjustment this is for her. She is going to get to hold Lindy today. I will take some pictures and post some new pictures tonight!

No comments: