October 18, 2007

My sweet babies

Wow! I don't realize how often I don't post blogs until I do it! Life is a little crazy right now. In fact, if you are reading this and I owe you a thank you note--I am trying my HARDEST!! Know that I haven't forgotten. I have a little notebook full of all of the sweet gifts and meals that everyone has brought to us. My goal is to get all notes finished by the time Lindy gets home! I don't know when she'll be coming home. She is still having some feeding issues. They took another look at her swallow and saw that it is getting better--maturing. They have decided to take her off the breastmilk for her bottle feedings because the milk is thin and she loses a lot of it. So...they put her on formula for those feedings. The formula was working okay but they still wanted to thicken it up so they added rice cereal to it. I told Lindy that I would be bringing her a Happy Meal next time I come! She is getting so big! She was 6 pounds 5.3 ounces yesterday! I am trying to be patient. I do want her home really bad. They apparently have figured out the right consistency for the bottle and now they are building her up to taking all of her feedings by bottle. When that happens-she can come home!! Her eye condition that is due to prematurity is improving each week! I am just amazed at what God is doing in our lives. We are so blessed. Lanie and Lindy both got RSV vaccines yesterday. The nurse came to our house and weighed Lanie. She is 9 pounds!!! I can not believe it! What a little butterball! I am going to try to load some pictures today. I know I said that last time. Sorry!

6 comments:

Renwick said...

Lori,

I am so happy to hear that the babies are getting bigger and doing well. I can't wait to see pictures.

Kelli

Our Family said...

So glad the girls are 'beefing' up. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that NO ONE will be offended if you don't send a thank you note!!! If I get one from you I will not be happy!! The one gift from multiple people is really unfair, so please scratch me off the list. Love you,
Amy

Candy said...

Lori,
Glad to hear an update. You are all still in my prayers! Your babies are just precious.
Candy Joyce

elaine said...

give those sweet baby girls a kiss from me...love all of you and can't wait to see you in a month!

erin elizabeth said...

I agree with Amy and I'm positive I can get you a "get-out-of-jail-free" pass from Emily Post too on the thank you note issue. Please please don't let a thank you note be something else on your to do list. I'm so excited to hear the girls are doing well and getting stronger and healthier everyday. What a precious moment it will be to have them both home!

Bolding Fam said...

Thanks so much for the update! We think about you girls so often!