May 9, 2008

Mommy...

Yesterday Molly and I went shopping for her teacher appreciation gift. The store we were going to is about 5 minutes from our house. Meme had given Molly a pack of gum on the way home from school. Molly LOVES gum! I will not let her chew it in my car. She has twice before. The first time, she stuck it to the window. The second time, she "dropped" it and couldn't reach it so it was stuck to the floor. No more gum in Mommy's car! So yesterday-of course she wanted to chew the gum in the car. I told her no about three times and here is the rest of the conversation. Keep in mind I am driving and she is behind me and I can't see her:

MGM-Mommy... can I have some bubba gum?
Me-Not in my car-when we get to the store you can have it.
MGM-Mommy...I'm just going to hold it. That's all.
Me-Ok, but DON'T open it! No gum in Mommy's car!
MGM-(pulling it out of the cardboard sleeve) Mommy...I'm just going to take it out.
Me-Don't open it!
MGM-(as I hear a tiny piece of foil rip open) Mommy...I'm just going to take it out of here. But I'm NOT going to eat it. I am going to hold it in my hand.
Me-Ok, Molly. (I am on to her now!)
MGM-Mommy...(I hear a sniff) I am JUST going to SMELL it, ok?!
Me-Ok, Molly.
MGM-Mommy...I'm just going to lick it. Okay Mommy? But that's okay-YOU DON'T CARE!

It was really hilarious! What a sneaky little thing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! I swear I've had the exact same conversation with Mackenzie. They are pretty sneaky. Kelly