November 28, 2008

My Most Thankful Thing




Molly and I have read a book called My Most Thankful Thing hundreds of times. The book itself isn't that great...neither are the pictures. But every time we read it, I start thinking about what my most thankful things are. It's not really a sentimental book, but I usually get choked up anyway!

Life in our house is crazy to say the least. Having three little girls should be a little wild-but there are toys, clothes (usually clean but unfolded), bottles (I know, they should be on the sippy cup by now...but, hey!), and shoes everywhere. There are loud sounds of either extreme happiness and sometimes BIG fits, plastic high heels clicking on hardwood floors, "E-I-E-I-E-I" being sung (we haven't gotten to the "O" part yet!), and desperate cries when Kyle or I move six inches away. And even though all of this is going on now...I try to remind myself that this tiny period of time that I am allowed to spend with my babies is precious. I am so thankful that God has allowed Kyle and I wake up each day with no expectations. We've learned that every morning, afternoon and evening will have new challenges and certainly new hilarious stories about our girls. They are truly the joys of our lives and I know that if we can look past the clutter and craziness...we will ALWAYS know what our most thankful things are! Happy Thanksgiving.

P.S. It was Book Character Day at school the day of the feast. I normally don't wear pigtails, ribbons, and a tutu in public (or private for that matter). It's amazing what motherhood will do for you! I didn't mind being Pinkalicious while the other Mommies and Daddies wore normal work clothes! :)