January 30, 2008

Hint-Dropper

Here is my conversation with Molly in the car today:
Me-"Molly are you excited about your Mardi Gras parade at school on Friday?"
MGM-"Yes. Are you going to be coming to my school? With all the other mommies and daddies?"
Me-"I sure am. And I can't WAIT to see you in the parade with your float. It's going to be so much fun!"

................LONG PAUSE...................

MGM-"Mommy--are you going to wear makeup?"

Okay-I get the hint...
This is the second time Molly has pointed out to me that I haven't been wearing much makeup lately. Last week she casually asked me on the phone while she was at Nana's if I had any on. I think my excuse of letting my skin "breathe" has lost its effectiveness. She is on to me now. And obviously afraid of my showing up at her preschool looking like I seem to be looking most days. Have you seen the hair commercial with the woman with all of the kids? Where she looks like a garbage collector? I feel like her. But for the woman on the commercial-all it takes is some kind of shampoo to revive her look. Really all I need is a WHOLE night's sleep and 15 minutes to myself during the day! Until that happens Molly Grace, I promise to at least wear makeup when your friends are around!

3 comments:

erin elizabeth said...

Lori! That's hysterical! Kids are so funny. Well acording to my grandmother, who always reminded me nicely to "put some color on my lips," all you need is a five min face. She usually took about 25 min and the 5 min face was reserved for yard work and house cleaning. So lets just say despite her best efforts we are not much alike! Me and my colorless lips are just fine! Maybe I should get some tinted lip gloss like a big girl!

elaine said...

i am cracking up...mostly because she is her mother's daughter!!! i can think of a few hints you've dropped in your day:)! if she only understood that "mommy time" is currently non-existent...love you and hope you get a WHOLE night's sleep soon!!!

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

that is hilarious! i was seriously cracking up. she is so cute and looks just like you! i am not a mom yet so i don't know about the mommy time but I have found myself not wearing make up on my days off. I find myself going this is not like you?!