August 8, 2007

Lanie and Lindy update from yesterday

Yesterday was a big day for us! First of all, I got to hold Lanie and Lindy for the very first time!! They aren't as fragile as they look like. I don't have any pictures of it-I was there alone. When the nurse told me that the doctor wanted me to start holding them, I cried and cried. I guess I took for granted the first time I held Molly. You just don't realize what that does for a mommy. They were looking at me and snuggling their tiny little bodies next to mine. It was the most wonderful thing in the world!!!

They had cranial ultrasounds yesterday to check for any brain bleeds and both scans came back PERFECT!!!!!!! They are now regulating their own body temperatures, so they don't have to heat or cool their isolettes anymore. Pretty soon they will be in an isolette together! So sweet. They are both tolerating their food and get more milk every time they are fed. Before too long-we won't recognize them! They change and grow so fast!!! I can't wait. They also had on teeny tiny little t-shirts. ...their first wardrobe. Mommy needs to get shopping. Those baby girls need some pink. I am going to get them some bows too because they both have a ton of hair. I really think that Lanie looks just like Kyle right now. It's really funny! I can't tell about Lindy yet-when she fills out a bit we'll be able to tell. Anyway, just wanted to update you on my precious little miracle babies. To God be the glory.....
L

8 comments:

The Walkers said...

I got an email with your blog address and I'm so excited about how well both of the babies are doing!!! They are beautiful and please keep the pictures coming!
Love Lauren (Eagle) Walker

Julie said...

Lori,
I've been praying for you and your little girls. They are precious. I'm so glad you started a blog so we can all keep up with them. I will continue praying for them. I'm so glad they are doing so well.
Julie Carothers

Our Family said...

Lori, Kyle, and GIRLS!!
Ya'll have been in our thoughts and prayers! The babies are beautiful and we're so excited that they are doing so well. I can't wait to see all three decked out in adorable outfits. Keep the updates coming!! Love - Amy

Bolding Fam said...

Wow! God is good...they are beautiful and we are so glad to hear all is going well!

BT said...

Needless to say, the entire Machen family has been in our daily thoughts and prayers for many months and will remain there. It is so nice to now look forward to daily progress reports and updates about Lanie and Lindy. Thanks for making that possible. Love, BT

kimbo said...

Lori...God is so good. I just now got to catch up on all that happened with the girls because i've been gone to Africa. I have huge tears in my eyes now realizing they were born when I was away. I'm so thankful for all the answered prayers so far. I will be praying for all of you. Love, kim ward :)

Kristin Mosura said...

Lori and Kyle,
Our family has been praying for you and the twins and Molly. I am SO excited they have arrived and are doing SO well.
With Love,
Kristin and the whole Mosura family.....

rachel said...

Lori, We have been praying for you and the girls!!! I am so excited they are here and donig well! We will continue to keep all of you in our prayers!!! Congratulations! They are beautiful!
Rachel (Payne) Harrison